How much time do you and your staff spend creating letters, memos, reports, or e-mails? Do you write as you were taught in school, perhaps pursuing elegance at the expense of readability and comprehension? Do you write and rewrite, and still end up with documents that don’t work as you intended?
“Brush Up on Your Business Writing Skills” will give you the information you need to succeed in just three hours! This workshop covers the essentials of business writing whose only goal is clarity. If your documents are seen as “clear as mud,” this workshop is for you! No fluff. Just the right stuff.
So what will you find in this program?
- Planning / thinking about your reader
- Creating parallel structure
- Turning negative language into positive
- Using active and passive voice effectively
- Replacing smothered verbs with power verbs
- Creating gender-neutral messages
- Eliminating redundancies and jargon
- Trimming the fat in your writing
“Many thanks for your thoughtful critique of one of my half-year client letters. All points have been re-read with interest and are entirely clear to me. There is nothing like reviewing one’s own style through the eyes of the recipient, which you did in depth. Thanks for the great effort!”
John H. Grummon
North American Management Corp.
If the documents in your organization don’t reflect the quality of the work behind them, this fast-paced half-day workshop will get you back on track.