I started my training career working for a major international seminar firm, then formed Grammar Goddess Communication to focus on giving business professionals exactly what they need and nothing they don’t.
Although the standard for training continues to be six hours, I knew that was too long to cover the basic of communication, so I created my Brush Up on Your Skills programs, each just three hours. With that format, companies can either have two separate groups take the same course in one day, or schedule two different courses in one day.
I keep all my workbooks on file, and I am able to tailor them to a company’s needs, often using language that comes from those who will attend a workshop.
What to know:
- Classes are limited to ~15 attendees to allow for questions and answers, taking quizzes, and finding out the answers.
- I ask for a one-page writing sample from everyone who will attend, so I can see what I might need to focus on. I highlight all errors, fold the page over with the author’s name on it, and hand it back before class. This allows attendees to see exactly what they might be confused about, so they can focus on those issues.
- I also send a quiz to whoever I am working with in the company, and I ask that all attendees work on it before class. We go over the answers quickly at the beginning of class, so again, everyone can see what they’re confused about.
- I don’t print my workbooks; I ask the firms that hire me to do that so we can have the latest version, often tailored to their needs.
Click on the workshop you’re interested in:
If you would like to discuss scheduling a workshop for your associates, please contact me as shown below.
Some former and current clients
* Allied Capital Corp. (Washington, D.C.) * Bay State Gas * BellSouth * Bonnita (TY) LTD, Johannesburg, S.A. * Brockton Housing Authority * Draper Labs * EPA (Boston & Chelmsford) * First Citizens’ Federal Credit Union * The Gambrinus Company (Washington, D.C.) * Granite State Telephone * Gulf Oil Corporation * Hewlett-Packard * International Association of Administrative Professionals (Bermuda Chapter) * Loomis, Sayles & Company, LLP * Massachusetts Association for the Blind * *New York State Division of the Budget * N.Y. State Teachers’ Retirement System * NORESCO * The Pentagon * Quaker Fabric of Fall River * Stanley Associates (Alexandria, VA) * SummerInfant * The Allied Group * University of Massachusetts * United States Coast Guard Academy * Waltham Services * WorldTravel BTI *