Do your employees know the basics about creating professional business writing?
Do they spend too much creating letters, memos, reports, or e-mails that are confusing, not polished, not professional?
Do they write as they were taught in school, perhaps pursuing elegance at the expense of readability and comprehension? Do they write and rewrite, and still end up with documents that don’t work as they intended?
In just three hours, my Brush Up on Your Business Writing Skills workshop will give them the information they need to succeed. We cover the essentials of business writing, whose only goal is clarity. If your company’s documents are often seen as “clear as mud,” this workshop is for you and your staff!
What will you find in this program?
- Planning / thinking about your reader
- Creating parallel structure
- Turning negative language into positive
- Using active and passive voice effectively
- Replacing smothered verbs with power verbs
- Creating gender-neutral messages
- Eliminating redundancies and jargon
- Trimming the fat in your writing
If the documents in your organization don’t reflect the quality of the work behind them, this fast-paced half-day workshop will get you back on track.
UPDATE 2020: I am finalizing ways to teach this program on Zoom. If that would be of interest, please let me know.
Click below on other workshops: